Code of Ethics
The AMTA Code of Ethics is a summary statement of the standards by which massage therapists agree to conduct their practices and is a declaration of the general principles of acceptable, ethical, professional behavior.
AMTA MASSAGE THERAPISTS AGREE TO:
- Demonstrate commitment to provide the highest quality massage therapy/bodywork to those who seek their professional service.
- Acknowledge the inherent worth and individuality of each person by not discriminating or behaving in any prejudicial manner with clients and/or colleagues.
- Demonstrate professional excellence through regular self-assessment of strengths, limitations, and effectiveness by continued education and training.
- Acknowledge the confidential nature of the professional relationship with clients and respect each client’s right to privacy.
- Conduct all business and professional activities within their scope of practice, the law of the land, and project a professional image.
- Accept responsibility to do no harm to the physical, mental and emotional well-being of self, clients, and associates.
- Refrain from engaging in any sexual conduct or sexual activities involving their clients
If you would like to join the AMTA go to the national AMTA website for membership registration and information.
You have our promise that we will not use your e-mail address for any purpose other than to contact you. We absolutely do not collect or sell e-mail addresses and we respect the privacy of our visitors. Please feel free to ask questions.