Call for Candidates
Apply to Serve on the AMTA National Board of Directors by September 15th.
Give back to the massage therapy profession by applying to serve on the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) 2021-2023 National Board of Directors! Applications are due by September 15, 2020.
Find Out if You’re Eligible
If you have been an AMTA professional member for at least three years and have served as an elected chapter volunteer, or an appointed or elected national volunteer within the past three years, you are eligible to be considered for the AMTA National Board of Directors.
If you meet these eligibility requirements, consider applying to serve on the National Board of Directors. The application is the first step in a rigorous process designed to help find AMTA members whose personal and professional strengths create the strongest national board team while considering diversity and inclusion.
AMTA National Board Candidate Checklist
To be considered, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria and complete the application process. Find out what AMTA’s National Board application process entails.
- Sign the board of directors code of conduct
- Fill out an applicant eligibility form
- Sign the conflict of interest form
- Take four online courses and pass the corresponding online exams.
- Fill out the bio application
- Submit a 60-90 second candidate video
- Submit three letters of reference from professional and personal colleagues and friends. The letters should speak to skills in leadership, volunteer experience, and teamwork.
- Participate in a 30-minute phone interview with the Slate Selection Commission
What is the Slate Selection Commission?
The Slate Selection Commission is a group of current and recent past national volunteers with deep knowledge of AMTA who guide candidates through the application process and ensure they meet the high standards required of national board service.
Members eligible to serve on this commission include: Chapter President Council Moderators, national presidents, past and current national committee members, past Commission on Candidacy members and past Slate Selection Commission members.
The Slate Selection Commission has the important responsibility to bring forward the strongest slate of candidates for AMTA members to consider.
Apply for the AMTA National Board of Directors
Interested in applying for the AMTA National Board of Directors? Submit your AMTA National Board of Directors Application by September 15, 2020. To apply, contact email@example.com.