Vision and Mission
To develop and advance the art, science and practice of massage therapy in a caring, professional and ethical manner to promote the health and welfare of humanity.
AMTA is the not-for-profit professional association created by massage therapists for massage therapists. The membership money is managed by a volunteer board of directors, who establish a budget and set priorities for activities in the state of Oregon.
- To serve its members, the public and the profession, the AMTA pursues the following goals:
- To establish massage therapy as integral to the maintenance of good health.
- To increase public awareness of the massage therapy profession.
- To promote high standards in providing massage therapy to the public.
- To increase access to quality massage therapy for all persons.
- To be an influential member of the health care community.
- To be a leader and a resource for issues in the field of massage therapy including: definitions; practice and education standards; legislation and regulation.
- To enhance the professional development and personal growth of members.
- To continue AMTA’s growth, development, organizational effectiveness and visibility.
- In pursuit of the above goals, AMTA will be guided by the values of care and competency.
CHAPTER ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Publishing a quarterly newsletter and maintaining archived newsletters and other useful lending library materials.
- Providing regular Continuing Education opportunities
- Engaging a professional lobbyist ($15,000 fee per year)
- Establishing and maintaining our organization’s web site
- Conducting monthly board meetings as well as an Annual Meeting
- Sending delegates and numerous board members to national conventions
- Conducting Scope of Practice meetings around the State of Oregon
- Presenting special awards and professional recognition to AMTA-OR members and other supporters of our profession
- Awarding professional grants and scholarships (see newsletter for application info)