Code of Ethics
The AMTA Code of Ethics is a summary statement of the standards by which massage therapists agree to conduct their practices and is a declaration of the general principles of acceptable, ethical, professional behavior.
AMTA MASSAGE THERAPISTS AGREE TO:
- Demonstrate commitment to provide the highest quality massage therapy/bodywork to those who seek their professional service.
- Acknowledge the inherent worth and individuality of each person by not discriminating or behaving in any prejudicial manner with clients and/or colleagues.
- Demonstrate professional excellence through regular self-assessment of strengths, limitations, and effectiveness by continued education and training.
- Acknowledge the confidential nature of the professional relationship with clients and respect each client’s right to privacy.
- Conduct all business and professional activities within their scope of practice, the law of the land, and project a professional image.
- Accept responsibility to do no harm to the physical, mental and emotional well-being of self, clients, and associates.
- Refrain from engaging in any sexual conduct or sexual activities involving their clients
For information about becoming a member of AMTA and the AMTA Oregon Chapter, please see our Membership Benefits & Information page here.
You have our promise that we will not use your e-mail address for any purpose other than to contact you. We absolutely do not sell or share e-mail addresses and we respect the privacy of our visitors and members.